YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Care Hive collects your personal information when you:
- Create or update your Care Hive account (personal information may include your email address, phone number, login name, password, address, payment information, identification and any video or photo which you upload);
- Change your service offering or availability;
- Submit feedback;
- Select a provider, services, attributes and preferences;
- Request services or modify a request/booking;
- Complete a screening assessment as part of a Care Hive workforce development program; and
- Provide personal information as part of a Care Hive workforce development program (personal information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, screening assessment results, qualifications, job aspiration and preferences, jobactive or disability employment services details, work history, resume and details of any qualifications).
The personal information Care Hive collects from you may also include:
- Location information through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi(if applicable);
- Site and App transaction information;
- Site and App usage and preference information;
- Device information;
- Financial transaction information including credit card and bank account details;
- Log information; and
- Calls and text message data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the personal information that we collect from you to:
- Match people who need care and support services with providers who can deliver those services;
- Process booking requests for services and orders for products and provide confirmations in respect of each;
- Process payments and provide invoices/receipts;
- Provide you with advertising relating to our products and services that might be of interest to you;
- When consented, and in line with your interests and preferences; where you provide consent, communicate with you to improve our Site, App and offering and assess the success of our targeted marketing and advertising campaigns; and
- Assist you to gain employment.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where you provide consent, we may share your de-identified personal information with third party providers in order to help us better understand our customers (e.g. we may share analytics in relation to how you use the Site or App). We will share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to respond to any lawful requests we receive (including in relation to any legal proceedings). We will also share your personal information in accordance with any express consent you provide to us.
Your personal information is shared on the Site and App with other users in order to facilitate the best possible match and confirm bookings. For example, if you are a care provider, we may share your photo, first name, rating, services offered, profile and availability with care seekers. If you are a care seeker, we may share your photo, first name, rating, profile, location and services required with care providers you have requested a booking with.
If you are a participant of the workforce development program:
- Your personal information is shared with employers and the employment services providers in order to facilitate an interview and job offer. In the course of providing screening and pre-employment services we receive or have access to your personal information as a candidate or applicant, such as your name, contact details, qualifications, employment and work history, resume, remuneration, memberships of associations, health information and other personal information relevant to the work you do and the positions for which you apply. The main purpose for collecting personal information is to enable us to:
- Assess your suitability for the positions we may approach you about
- Refer you to employers for permanent or temporary employment
- Manage our client relationship
- Distribute information about services, products and promotions of interest to you.
- Where reasonable and practicable, we will only collect personal information directly from you. However, we may also collect personal information about you by contacting your employment services provider, referees and former employers.
If your Care Hive account is linked to another user or you are associated with another party, Care Hive may share your booking information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are a care seeker with a care plan managed and paid for by someone else.
We may also share your personal information:
- With a credit card holder if you use that person’s credit card (e.g. booking and transactional information);
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- To provide features that allow you to share information with other users, such as when you submit feedback, refer a friend, request a booking etc.;
- To perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, conduct data analysis, testing and research, and monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services (e.g. we collect information from service providers to verify the credentials and quality of the service offering provided);
- To assist you when you contact our customer support services,
- direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person;
- investigate and address your concerns; and
- monitor and improve our customer support responses;
- To facilitate research and development (e.g. we may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products and generally provide a better user experience);
- To facilitate communication between users (e.g. a care provider may text a care seeker with information regarding their booking); and
- To facilitate communications with Care Hive, including in relation to products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events and for promoting the services and content of our business affiliates and to update you with industry-specific news related to our service offering(s).
By understanding the analytics and tracking the movement of users on our Site and App, we may, subject to your consent, use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements and communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
Some of the advertising services which we use provide the user an option to opt-out of behavioural advertising. Some of these services and their opt-out function are listed below:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
When you place an order through the Site or App, we will maintain information in Australia for 7 years pertaining to your order for our records.
- Information pertaining to a user’s
booking/order is hosted within Australia, however some third-party providers
will process information offshore.
- (e.g. Cloud Messaging Service)
- We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, support and market our Services.
- When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use the user’s information in accordance with Care Hive’s instructions and terms, or with express permission from the user.
- When no longer required, we destroy or archive personal information in a secure manner.
- Authenticating users;
- Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the
effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
If you are below the age of majority, you must seek parental consent before using the Site or App or providing us with any of your personal information.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or would like to make a complaint, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEGISLATION / STANDARDS
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)| Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012| Australian Privacy Principles|