Providers – Minimum requirements to join Care Hive

Hi all,

Hope you’re having a great week.

This week I wanted to talk to service providers and quickly run through the minimum requirements to join Care Hive, particularly for those who are independent contractors wanting to provide services on the platform.

Service Providers on Care Hive all operate as a business.  Your business may be a company, a partnership, a trust or you may be a sole-trader.  

To sign-up and support people via Care Hive, every service provider business needs:

  • an ABN (Australian Business Number),
  • Insurance (for the type of services being delivered), and
  • a Bank Account (to receive payments for services delivered via Care Hive).

Self-employed individuals who are directly delivering services to clients will also need to provide:

  • a National Police Certificate – issued within the last 36 months and with “no disclosable court outcomes”.

A National Police Certificate can be obtained online – via your State Police service or a National Criminal History Check via organisations like Intercheck or National Crime Check for around $50.

Any additional requirements of self-employed individuals will be dictated by the type of service being offered and the type of clients they wish to work with (e.g. providing a transport service requires a driver licence, and support work with children requires a Working with Children check/card).  If you are a Support Worker without any formal qualifications or just new to the sector, you can offer services on Care Hive such as social assistance, transport, companionship and domestic assistance.

Employers with one or more employees are responsible for verifying that their employees have (and maintain) the necessary skills, experience, qualifications, registration and licences for the services they are delivering.

That’s all for today, as always, if you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to send us an email or give me a call.

All the best,

Therese Mulherin