As we get used to practicing social distancing and bunker down at home, daily life has taken on a new guise. In some households, it is a busy balancing act of working from home and supervising children who are home from school. For others, it is a much more solitary existence, and many people are also facing significant financial hardship having been stood down from their usual employment. So, for the foreseeable future, it seems as though we will all be living in this new reality.
To help you maintain your wellbeing, the Care Hive team has put together our list of “Today’s Essentials” – a mix of services that anyone can book on Care Hive to lessen the burden on you and your family whether you continue to work or need to stay close to home.
Today’s Essentials from Care Hive
(on-line, mobile, collection/delivery and in-home)
- Cleaning – a professional clean for your home
- Meal Preparation – healthy meals cooked and delivered to your door
- Tutoring – assistance for continued learning for school-aged kids
- Personal Training – individual fitness sessions
- Collect & Deliver – someone to do the grocery or pharmacy run for you
- Babysitting/Child Minding – supervision while you work
- Lawn Mowing – and general garden tidy & maintenance
- Dog Walking – if you are restricted from going out
- Hairdressing – mobile services that come to you
- Pool cleaning – keeping your pool water healthy
These services also provide a fantastic opportunity for people whose normal employment has been shut down by the COVID-19 crisis.
Care Hive is adding new service providers to our platform every day and right now we are particularly focussed on connecting with people whose normal employment has been shut down and who can use their skills and experience in a new way, allowing them to earn some income.
So, if you’re looking for work head to carehive.net.au today and sign-up to Provide Support. There are services like Dog Walking that don’t require a specific qualification and the Care Hive team is available to talk to you about the types of services that match your skills and experience. Call us on 1300 312 510.
No matter what service/s you provide via Care Hive, where the delivery is face-to-face with a customer, we strongly encourage you to practice appropriate social distancing and infection control measures. I’ve included this link to a FREE online training module “COVID-19 Infection Control Training” from the Australian Department of Health. It was developed for care workers in the Health sector but anyone can register and complete the training.
I hope you and your loved ones are coping as well you can in the current circumstances. Together we will get through this. I wish you all the best.